Welcome to MedCAREERS Group, Inc.
MedCAREERS Group, Inc (OTC: MCGI) is dedicated to building its wholly-owned subsidiary, Nurses Lounge, Inc., into the premiere online professional network for the nursing community. Based in Coppell, Texas, MedCAREERS Group, Inc is a public company traded on the Over the Counter (OTC) with the ticker symbol MCGI.
Nurses Lounge: Fully Functional Professional Network for Nurses
Nurses Lounge is a fully functional professional network for nurses designed to meet the specific needs of today’s nursing profession. Additionally, the network has the majority of the profession’s stakeholder organizations pre-loaded on our network for our nursing members to ‘follow’ including:
- Approximately 6,400 Hospitals
- Approximately 600 leading universities offering 4-year BSN degrees (represents 98% of all major universities).
- 97 Specialties to be sponsored by the leading national associations for that specialty.
Like most major social networks there is no cost for an organization to utilize the service as we generate revenue from advertising.
During the registration process, a nurse indicates the state of residence, schools attended, employer and specialties and becomes a "follower" of those lounges. These instant connections create a win-win for everyone in the profession.
The nursing profession can be described as a large inefficient market place consisting of thousands of stakeholder organizations such as nursing schools, associations and employers each with individual web sites looking to maintain communications with approximately 3 million nurses.
By uniting the profession together onto an organized communications platform based off of today’s social networking technology we are able to create a much more efficient and functional market place that benefits both the individual nurse and each stakeholder organization.
Nurse employers benefit by utilizing our network as an efficient talent acquisition platform, Associations can recruit new members and fill CE courses and nursing schools can unite with alumni and fill graduate and online programs faster and for substantially less money.
Nursing Professionals in Growing Demand
Registered Nurses make-up the largest workforce in the U.S. and believed to be the fastest growing career industry in the United States. (info attained from American Assoc. of Colleges of Nursing web site and Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Approximately 2.71 million active RNs in the workforce today.
- 581,500 new nursing jobs are expected to be created by 2020.
- 55% of RNs are 50 or older. Approximately 500k are expected to retire by 2022.
- 1.08 million new Nurses needed by 2022.
- The nursing shortage is already being felt as employers are now paying sign-on bonuses regularly of $5k – $10k across the U.S.
Diversified Revenue Model
As membership grows revenue expects to be diversified between job postings, advertising and various transactions.
- Job Postings
- Targeted Banners, Email Blasts, Groupon Type sales
- Continuing Education
- Supplemental Staffing
Business Points: Low Fixed Cost / Highly Scalable Business Model
Additional business points include:
- Winner take all business / First mover advantage.
- Growth via network effect / Minimal marketing costs.
- Sustainable competitive advantage.
- High customer switching costs.
- Excellent acquisition candidate.
History and Management
The President and CEO of MCGI and founder of Nurses Lounge is Timothy Armes. He was also the founder of Jobs.com that he built into one of the top five job boards on the net by 1999. In 2002 he took over the web site NursesLounge.com and launched a direct mail magazine that was published from 2003 to 2011. In mid-2009 he re-launched the website, NursesLounge.com into the professional network similar to what operates today.
August 22, 2016:
Letter to Shareholders
March 31, 2016:
Nurses Lounge Announces They Are On Target to Reach Their Goal of 10,000 Job Postings By End of Second Quarter
March 15, 2016:
Nurses Lounge Looking to Fully Staff Regional Hiring Solutions Sales Team
April 14, 2016:
MedCareers Group, Inc. Files Form 8k With Letter to Shareholders